From Louise……… You learn something new everyday!!! Today I had the pleasure of meeting with Marnie Shellenberger of the Atlanta Regional Commission. She came by Hurley Elder Care Law to tell us about a program that could be extremely beneficial to many of our clients, their families and anyone in the elder care community. The Area Agency on Aging is now offering care consultation to memory impaired individuals and caregivers. The care consultation is a telephone-based information and support service. It provides ongoing help to find practical solutions to concerns about health and care. You can talk to a care consultant about:
* Personal and household care * Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance
* Home safety * Legal and financial issues
* Family communication * Medication use
* Balancing caregiving with other responsibilities
* Planning for future care * Other care-related concerns
The Area Agency on Aging services individuals in the 10 county metro area including Cherokee, Cobb, Douglas, Fulton, Fayette, Clayton, Henry, Dekalb, Rockdale and Gwinnett. To find out more about Care Consultation call 404-463-3215.