With summer approaching and people starting to plan their summer vacations, keep these tips in mind when traveling with a senior. Planning ahead can make the difference for a successful outing with the elderly.
A few guidelines for traveling with seniors are:
- Consider mobility and health
- Make sure travel insurance includes medical
- Ask for assistance
- Take advantage of senior discounts
- Choose accessible hotels near the action
- Schedule enough downtime
- Allow enough time at the airport
- Don’t feel limited to specific locations
- Give yourself extra time for security
- Plan ahead for peace of mind
- Try to replicate the home routine
- Use a specialized travel agent or company
- Arrange accessible accommodations
- Decide whether to bring or borrow a wheelchair
- Don’t forget caregiver needs
- Know your rights.
For additional information, go to: http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/packages/family-travel/photos/traveling-with-senior-family-members
Subscribe to our blog and monthly newsletter.